Ingredients for making Berek cigars
- Pita (thin) 4 pcs.
- Brynza (or any white salty cheese) 150 gr.
- Egg yolk 1 pc.
- Egg white 1 pc.
- Dill (fresh) 1 bunch.
- Black pepper (ground) to taste.
- Vegetable oil to taste.
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife., Cutting board., Grater., Bowl., Spoon., Frying pan., Stove., Paper towel (or paper towel).
Making cigars "Berek":
Step 1: Cut the pita bread.We take the pita bread out of the package and lay it on a cutting board. Pita bread should be fresh - it should not break and crack. Cut lavash like a cake into 6 large triangles.
Step 2: Prepare the filling.Take a deep bowl. Rub it on fine grater cheese and add 1 egg yolk. Stir the resulting mass. After, rinse a bunch of fresh dill and finely chop it. add finely chopped dill and ground black pepper to a bowl of cheese and yolk, mix again.
Step 3: wrap the filling.Again, lay out the sliced pita bread on a cutting board and begin to lay out the filling. The filling must be laid out on the rounded edge of the pita. For better bonding, coat the edges of the pita with protein, then our tubes will not “open”. We twist the tubes towards the acute corner of the lavash triangle.
Step 4: Fry the tubes.We put a frying pan on the stove and pour a small amount of oil. We wait until the frying pan is warmed up and after that we lay out the rolled lavash tubes on the frying pan. We fry the Belek cigars over high heat for 5-10 minutes. After frying, it is necessary to blot the tubes with a paper towel or napkin in order to remove excess oil.
Step 5: Serve the Berek cigars.We spread the hot Belek cigars on plates, decorating the dish with fresh vegetables, lettuce and olives. The dish is very tender and crispy. Your loved ones and guests will definitely like it. Enjoy your meal!
- - Belek cigars can be used both in warm and in cold form.
- - Thanks to salty cheese, this dish is ideal as an appetizer for beer.
- - If you want a more dietary version of this dish, prepare Belek cigars in the oven. To do this, preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake until crisp.
- - If your home has too little cheese and you don’t have enough to cook this dish, take cottage cheese of any fat content and add to the cheese.
- - Optionally, add garlic passed through a press to the filling.